Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Miss Walters' Words on the LSR: Introduction to the New "Last Sunday's Readings" Column

(The introduction to the new weekly posts by Miss Jennifer Walter, an amazing young woman of God!)

"Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ." - St. Jerome

Hey all! To introduce myself, my name is Jennifer and I am a friend of Joe’s. I am Catholic, and constantly trying to become more rooted in my faith every day! As an experiment, I am starting a new column (if you can call it that on a blog) called “Last Sunday’s Readings.” Every week, sometime between Monday and Friday, I will be posting a new article about my reflection on the readings from the most recent Sunday. I do this for two reasons: first of all, because I am quite the procrastinator, and second, because I like to give time for my ideas to float around in my head and collect detail until I feel ready to sort them out and write them down. My reflections are based off of homilies from priests, my own personal meditations, and most importantly, the readings. I will try to summarize a connection or realization about two or more readings, but if something is on my heart about just one, then I will write about it.

(Joe here – All readers, please pray for our new writer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment