Thursday, August 7, 2014

Mary: Holy, Beautiful, Tender, Loving Mother - By Dean Kovacs

(Another amazing article from Dean Kovacs, a great man of God!)

Who is this that comes forth like the dawn, as beautiful as the moon, as resplendent as the sun, as awe-inspiring as bannered troops? -Song of Songs 6:10

Mary, your very name is like wine which passes through my lips. My heart is burning for love of you! Let me gaze into your eyes which are more beautiful than the aurora of the skies! Just one glance from you and all fear dissipates. Truly and rightfully do we call you blessed, you are full of grace! More than the stars of the sky are your virtues and deeper than the depths of the ocean is your love. How I long to embark on that sea and to cast anchor in the shores of your Immaculate Heart!

I have learned first hand that the easiest and surest way to combat Satan is through devotion to our Blessed Mother. It was through her yes that Christ entered into the world to win the war against sin and death. Wouldn’t it only make sense that it is through her that Christ would do the same in our own souls? It was because of Mary that I can even call myself a Christian. She has helped me rid myself of my many sick habits. She played a major role in my reversion and continues to help me grow in my faith and love for Christ everyday.

By the power of the sacrament of baptism we became members of the body of Christ.  Was it not Mary who bore Christ in her womb, who nursed Him, protected and raised Him?  How can a mother give birth to her child without a body? How can a mother nurse her child without nourishing the body? In a very real way she is our mother who carries us in her arms and kisses us goodnight. She feeds us, clothes us, and instructs us. She loves us with a real and tender motherly love. She delights in preparing her daughter, the Church, for the wedding of the Heavenly Bridegroom, Jesus Christ.

The greatest thing I’ve ever done was consecrating myself to Mary, to become a very slave of Jesus through her. Because of this holy slavery, I know that I, along with many others, have made great strides over the sin in our lives and we have come to know the love of God in ways we never thought possible!! She is the dispenser of graces and she makes sure her Son’s Bride will be holy, beautiful, and immaculate. Like a good mother she makes sure the wedding will be perfect! I know that those who love and trust her will never suffer eternal fire.

If you haven’t consecrated yourself to Mary, do not wait any longer; there is so much to gain in doing so. I personally like St. Louis Marie de Montfort’s form, but there are many other forms of consecration by many others like: St. John Paul II, St. Maximilian Kolbe, and Fr. Michael Gaitley’s in his book 33 Day’s to Morning Glory. Usually the process takes 33 days and involves much prayer and reflection, but it doesn’t compare to the amount of self knowledge and spiritual benefits gained through preparation period.

Mary is the demon crusher, through her fiat she crushed Satan with her dainty fourteen-year old foot; he has no power over her. She will help you win your spiritual battles and help you to leap over mountains of trials. She will bring Jesus to you, who lays sleeping in her arms. Let her set your heart on fire and give her the joy of being your mother. Just approach as a child, and whisper to her, “Here I am mother, love me!”

St. Maximilian Kolbe, St. John Paul the Great, St. Louis Marie de Montfort, please pray for us, that we may come to love our Mother more and more, everyday falling more in love with the Lord Jesus her Son by our love for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment