Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Catholic Romantic

"Let us remember that love lives through sacrifice,
and is nourished by giving. Without sacrifice, there
is no love." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

"What a strange title this blog has!" You might be thinking that as you read this first article for this new blog. I've started this blog this Sunday after having been to Adoration (it's awesome, go sometime soon), because, as I got reminded of the other day, I need to tell people about love. Specifically, the love of Christ and the love He allows us to have in Him. 

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. 
The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, 
Who loved me and gave Himself for me." - Galatians 2:20

At heart, I am a writer and a poet for Christ, and before those, I try to be a lover of Christ, as His Father calls everyone to be. The Church is the Bride of Christ, the Bridegroom, and so we are each called to be a lover of Christ. Each and every one of us are called to be "romantic" for Him.

With this at heart, I've made this blog to demonstrate exactly what this means and hopefully how to be as such. There will be articles, links and explications on other articles online (especially on posts from The Catholic Gentleman, which every guy reading this should check out: http://www.catholicgentleman.net/), and most likely there will be poetry. If anyone would like to write anything for this, that'd be awesome!

The main point I hope to get at is very well put by Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen: "Say to yourself over and over again regardless of what happens: 'God loves me!' And then add 'And I will try to love Him!'" Love in action, love not being a feeling or sentiment, but rather devoting and sacrificing all of yourself to the good will of the beloved who is Christ, and therefore everyone because He sacrificed Himself for them, is the entire Christian mission. To love, to be valorous in love, to give yourself completely in love of Him, to never cease in your giving to Him all you are and do; This is what being "romantic" for Christ is.

So, if you would be so kind as to keep following this, hopefully my bits and pieces He inspires in me will help you to become a better lover of the Bridegroom, the Lord Jesus Christ. Please pray for me, and know that you are all in my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment