Sunday, December 21, 2014

Responsibility: Giving Our Life

"We are at Jesus’ disposal. If he wants you to be sick in bed, if he wants you to proclaim His work in the street, if he wants you to clean the toilets all day, that’s all right, everything is all right. We must say, 'I belong to you. You can do whatever you like.' And this is our strength. This is the joy of the Lord." - Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta


Confession: I have never had a paying job. Neither have I gotten a license yet. I also have for most of my life spent a whole lot of time with video games instead of other more important things and people. Fortunately, I've woken up from all that, thanks be to God, our Lord!

This whole thing has come about rather quickly for me, mostly due to my parents' and my girlfriend's parents' talking with me about it all, as well as the encouragement from my girlfriend herself. Obviously that's not the main reason why I've decided to get on track after so much time; more than anything, I want to glorify Christ, especially since I haven't been doing so for so long. But I want to, I NEED to dedicate myself to Him more than anything, more than time spent with video games, time with friends, and especially time with my girlfriend, since I'm supposed to love her like Christ does, which will always include working for her good. However, again, this must be in the service of Christ our Savior, our Beloved King of Kings Who gave everything to us.

Responsibility is the key term here. It's the key term for the saints, the key term for all of the Church, it's what needs to be our main concern at all times. We owe everything to God, and though we'll never be able to repay Him for anything (that's why it's called mercy), we still need to work with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength (Luke 10:27), because love requires our own sacrifice, and we sacrifice by our work. Most of us have or will have jobs, we have chores to do, we have bills to pay, we have people to take care of, people to love, and of course the Almighty God to love more than anything. These are our responsibilities, and all the smaller ones are part of loving God. Taking care of the things that need to be done, especially if we do them not when they need to be done but when they SHOULD be done, is necessary to being His servant, which is what we should seek to be.

Obviously we all have things going in our lives everyday, most of which we can't control, and sometimes it may seem like we're prevented from doing our work one way or another. But there will always be things we can do for the glory of God, so that we can give our life to Him more and more, for He asks us to be servants so that we can be happy. Simple duties and bigger duties, all necessary, need to be done and worked at continually so that God can be glorified above all, so that we can be with Him at the end of our earthy lives, and so that we can love Him more than anything - that is our responsibility, simple yet the most difficult ever.

All of you holy men and women, especially St. Joseph, St. Josemaria Escriva, and St. Isidore the Farmer, tied to the prayers and intercessions of the Virgin Mary, Mother of God, please pray for us and for the whole world!

All of you readers, please pray for the writers of this page, for each other, and for the whole world!

No comments:

Post a Comment